Food contributions are accepted at our office in Tirana. Please contact us prior to your visit at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Donations are accepted at our office located in Yzberish, at ‘Ali Jegeni’ street, opposite to the Ish Kombinati ‘Misto Mame’.
If you have a food donation, please keep the following donation terms in mind:
- Packaging should be sealed and intact.
- Food may be near its expiration date, but we do not accept expired food. Make sure that all items are within the expiry date.
- Please be aware that the food bank does not have refrigeration facilities. As a result, we cannot accept food that must be refrigerated.
Some examples of foods and supplies that can be donated to the Food Bank are:
- bread, pastry products, flour and other grain products
- cooking oil, sugar, salt, vinegar, sauce, spices
- soup in packaging
- mashed potatoes in packing
- various canned foods
- canned fruits and vegetables
- rice, beans, pasta
- meat and dairy products (milk powder also)
- foods for pregnant mothers and infants
- foods for people with diabetes
- canned fish or meat
- pudding and cakes – chocolate, biscuits
- marmalade, jam, chocolate cream, honey
- teas, coffee, and cocoa
- juices and sparkling drinks
The Food Bank also accepts donations of household supplies such as cleaning and personal hygiene products. Some examples of accepted items are:
- toothpaste and toothbrushes
- soap, shampoo
- detergent, bleach
- any other consumer product that is needed monthly